April 12th, 2012 04:06 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Many seemingly unrelated symptoms?
Hi everyone, I have been searching the internet and can't seem to find any answers to my problems, and have visited the doctor many times but have been told to take painkillers, do exercise, eat properly etc. I am a 20 year old woman with a healthy weight and I try to maintain a balanced diet, and there is no possibility that I may be pregnant. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me and would be able to give me some advice on what might be the problem/how to get better. I can't be sure if some of these symptoms are caused by multiple problems or all have one root cause, but I will list of of my problems just to give an entire picture if nothing else. Most of the symptoms I have been experiencing have been continuous for at least a year.
My symptoms are as follows
1. Leg pain, especially in hips and ankles but also in the muscles. This is at it's worst in the morning and at night. This has been the case for years but I always assumed it was related to the large amount of sport I played as a teenager, but has not gone away now that I only partake in gentle exercise.
2. Nausea and bad stomach ache in the mornings, which often prevents me from eating properly.
3. Headaches and migraines.
4. Pain in my chest when I breathe in deeply or cough (this has only been for the past 3 weeks)
5. Constantly being ill with viral/bacterial infections. (Tonsillitis, URTI, bronchitis etc)
6. Constant lethargy. I have had this since I was a teenager (about 15) and again always contributed it to having an overly active lifestyle.
7. Weakness and shaking in my limbs. (relatively new symptom)
8. I was also diagnosed by my GP with Tenosynovitis in my hand a year ago, which never seems to go away and is constantly painful.
9. My skin is constantly dry and peels often. My nails break and peel frequently.
10. Trouble sleeping and sleep paralysis with hallucinations.
I really hope someone can give me an idea of what the problem might be, as I am very frustrated with being sent home from my GP with no answers and no way of managing these symptoms. It's starting to make me feel as if my pain may be psychosomatic since the doctor doesn't seem to take me seriously and I can't seem to find any link between the symptoms. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to some replies! x